Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting Old


I joke constantly that I am old or getting old. I just celebrated my 20th birthday. Wow. I feel old. LoL. In all reality, 20 is not old. It's quite young, actually. I have purpose in my funny expressions, though. All I have to do is look around my church and "man! i'm old!" I see kids I taught or held as babies and preschoolers that are beginning their teenage years! What is this world coming to? LoL. It's amazing to think that people I was friends with or was associated with now have three year old kids. Time is an amazing thing. I also look down and see my brother who is only five years younger than me getting to drive and thinking logically. Wow. I can look back and start saying, "When I was a kid..." It amazes me. It makes me laugh. It makes me say things like I'm old when really I'm only 20. I love it. Now, although I can look and see all these people and events and say I'm old, I can also look ahead and say- "I'm young!" In reality, there is so much more I haven't been through. There are more lessons to learn, more kids to see grow up, more experiences to go through, and more heartache to face. I may have already experienced alot but it's not over. There is so much more. I am in fact just getting older. There are people that look at me and think I am dumb because they have been through so much more. I think I'm old now- let's look back in 20 more years and see what I think then. LoL. I love getting older. I love being "old" and look forward to getting to be "old."

No comments:

Post a Comment