Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Teaching "Philosophy"

I have mentioned many times my goals and ideas about teaching or being a teacher. My reason for wanting to be a teacher is to inspire kids to make a difference in the world. In that, I can do my part making a difference in the world as well which is one of my main goals in my life. My salutatorian speech in high school was based on our class verse- "And having compassion, making a difference." This is how I look at teaching. I love kids. I am compassionate towards children. I want to make a difference in their lives. I can't prevent everything, but there are some things God can help me to prevent or just to be a help in my students' lives. My idea is to be a Christian school teacher. I have seen so many people come out of a Christian school and I seem to "scratch my head" in wonder at how these kids are the way they are coming out of a Christian school. In the end, it's not the school but the heart of the child. I know I can't change all, but if I can impact the hearts of some I'll feel as though I did accomplish something. I look forward to teaching. My teaching philosophy is simply- Have compassion and make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment