Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Cross


I've been thinking here lately- why do we only think about the cross around easter? I was doing some searching for a video that my pastor showed in church a few sundays ago that caught my attention. In all the searching I did most videos about the cross said something along the lines of- "Easter Video". Why is that? Why does the cross just have to pertain to easter? If you're really a Christian the cross pertains to all days of the year! Even if you not a Christian. The cross is not something to just reflect on once a year. Christ went through pain and suffering and torture for us to be able to spend eternity in forgiveness with our Father! Why should such a tremendous deed and act of love be thought of once an entire year! The cross is wonderful, it's mercy, it's forgiveness- it's not just a good thought once a year. I fall into this idea many times of not reflecting on the cross but once a year, but this needs to stop. He died to save us for eternity- why not think about it for eternity? "Oh the wonderful cross, oh the wonderful cross, bids me come and die and find that i may truelly live.." "Blessed redeemer, Precious redeemer, seems now i see him on calvary's tree. wounded and bleeding, for sinners pleading, blind and unheeding, dying for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment